Black jeera an enduring pungent spice found in dry calm regions of the northwest Himalayas, high territories of Himachal Pradesh, and Kashmir, and Uttaranchal.
The plant aired, tuberous. Leaves 2–3 pinnate, finely dismembered. So, blossoms white flowers, borne on compound umbels. Fruits vivid, furrowed, vittae 3–5 mm long, earthy colored to dull earthy colored.
Kala jeera (Siyah Zeera) is the seed gotten from the plant Carum bulbocastanum. Therefore, they are dim in shading varied with cumin seeds and have an astringent, and extremely harsh taste. Therefore, these aromatic seeds are wealthy in fundamental oil and expended like sauce and medication. So, they are broadly utilized as a zest, for seasoning dishes.
Therefore, black caraway is utilized in Ayurveda for some stomach related issues. So, it considered an energizer. It has calming, pain-relieving, against convulsive, carminative, and lactation energizer properties. So, they are utilized in rewarding looseness of the bowels, dyspepsia, fever, tooting, stomachic, hemorrhoids, and hiccoughs. Therefore, black of caraway is particularly valuable in diabetes, as it controls the raised glucose level as well as decreases terrible cholesterol. So, it ensures against sicknesses of heart, and mind.
Benefits of Kala Jeera/Black caraway
- Maintains cholesterol level
Nowadays you can see cholesterol problem is just common as among people. Therefore, black cumin helps in maintaining the cholesterol level in the body. So, the daily use of black cumin helps to reduce the cholesterol content because it boosts many of its properties.
- Helps in abdominal pain
From so many days if you have abdominal pain and it won’t end with the root, you begin to start the use of black cumin and if you have that somebody has an abdominal pain issue, blend the black cumin seeds and sugar in equivalent amounts. So, it must be eaten by a great deal of biting, the juice from the cumin gives prompt help to the abdominal related problems.
Read also: Diet Plan of India for Intermittent Fasting
- Maintains body temperature
By mixing the positive qualities in with black cumin. So, eating it a few times each day, the internal body temperature is adjusted, and eating cooked cumin additionally gives you relief in fever.
- Treats anemia
Black cumin seeds are advantageous for individuals who are deficient in blood. It is a big source of iron. So, for pregnant ladies, it resembles honey, If you are insufficient in iron, you should utilize it since it encourages us to expand the minor iron.
- Helpful for skin and hair
Black cumin benefits for our skin as well as extremely gainful for our hair, the main difference is that cumin is utilized black here, not the black cumin seeds that are utilized in the kitchen, however, separate dark cumin seeds.
- Reduces Immune Disorders
It is useful in decreasing immune system issues by transforming the invulnerable cells present in our body into strong cells. Therefore, black cumin helps upgrade invulnerability in our body with bone marrow, normal interferon, and immune cells. So, it removes weakness and fatigue, transmits vitality in the body, and makes it strong.
- Reduces Cold
In cold issues, for example, the normal cold, hack, nasal stop, or trouble breathing hose is valuable a lot of black cumin. Therefore, it helps in expelling bodily fluid from the body. So, black cumin additionally goes about as an inhaler for the mucus blocked nose. Therefore, in such a circumstance, a little broiled cumin seed tied in tissue, and sniffing gives help. So, it is additionally gainful in asthma, pertussis, bronchitis, unfavorably susceptible respiratory illnesses. Therefore, black cumin intake is likewise helpful in the treatment of fever like pig influenza and viral.
Healthy benefits of Kala jeera
- Helps in appetite and digestion.
- Facilitates menses.
- Provides relaxation in gas.
- Decreases the blood sugar level.
- Assists to lower weight.
- Reduces bad cholesterol LDL.
- Good for the cardiovascular system
- Maintains Vata, Pitta, and Kapha Dosha in the body
- Helps in relaxing uterine muscles
- Helps in menstrual cramps.
- Enhances lactation.
Types of jeera
Three types of jeera that come under cumin family
- Plain jeera or cumin seeds botanical name Cuminum cyminum. So, it comes under spice used in everyday cooking in the Indian sub-continent as well as parts of Central Asia. It has a powerful flavor and has various remedial properties.
- Shahi jeera botanical name bunion persists. Therefore, it is a type of spice utilized while making masalas or spice-mixes own union its powerful flavor together to cumin seeds, e.g. garam masala. So, the seeds of shahi flavors long, thinner and darker in color as compared to normal cumin seeds or jeera.
- Kawajiri botanical name centratherum anthelmintic. So, it uses as a medicinal herb sparingly in Kalajiri relative to shaanthelminticeera. Having a very high medicinal usage. Also called black cumin or kalijiri owing to its color.
Dosage of Kala jeera
For obesity, digestive disorders, respiratory disease, cholesterol, and many more can be taken in a 1-3 gm of Kala jeera powder.
- In diabetes
Take 1 gm of Kala jeera powder two times in a day up to 1 year. 450 mg of black cumin seed oil takes three times in a day up to 12 weeks.
- In asthma
Take 2 gm of black cumin seed per day up to 12 weeks and 500 mg of black cumin seed oil two times in a day up to 4 weeks.
- In a high blood pressure
Take 0.5-2gm of black cumin powder per day for 3 months. Although, 100-200mg Kala jeera oil take 2 times in a day up to 8 weeks
Side effects of Kala jeera
- Do not take in excessive amount, otherwise, it reduces the potency of the allopathic hypertension medicine
- Avoid Kala jeera if you have inflammation in kidney
- In pregnancy and breastfeeding time, it quite unsafe if you taking in a large amount. It can slow down the uterus from contraction.
- Reduces blood clotting time and so on increases the risk of bleeding.
- Sometimes decreases your blood sugar level ( hypoglycemia )
- Avoid the use of black cumin at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
How to use Black Jeera for weight loss
The most effective method to utilize black jeera for weight loss are-
- Kala jeera seeds + water
There are two different ways to take Kala jeera seeds and water.
A). Soak Kala jeera seeds in normal water for the time being. Therefore, in the morning soak back the seeds separate and water separate and drink water empty stomach for best outcomes.
B). Book black jeera seeds in water – So, for the moment use bubble jeera/cumin seeds in water and let it get warm and soak seeds and water separate and drink.
- Including black jeera seeds in food.
A). Cumin can be utilized for relishing preparing in nourishments that end up being advantageous for everybody’s health.
B). Cumin powder is being used for garnishing of mixed greens or in curd and spread milk sort of dairy items.
- Crude black jeera/cumin seeds with honey
This glue can be used for phenomenal advantages like weight reduction, skin lighting up, and processing benefits.
- Eating crude black jeera/cumin seeds
A). Raw seeds can likewise be eaten as they are additionally gainful for gas, sharpness, and swelling issues.
B). Methi ajwain Kala jeera ought to also taken for most medical advantages. So, as methi/Fenugreek seeds additionally help in consuming fat and lessening cholesterol too ajwain likewise stomach related promoter and melt additional fat from the body and black cumin is valuable in any of ways.
The medicinal property of Kala jeera
Its uses to reduce the stroke of involuntary muscle.
It is active against germs.
It preventing the form or effecting the expulsion of flatulence.
It acts as a digestive agent
It stimulates the secretion of sputum by the air paths, used to treat cough and cold.
It facilitates or improves menstrual flow.
It enhances or boosts the discharge of a mother’s milk.
It promotes gastric activity in the body
- Uterine disinfectant
It helps in prevent uterus disinfectant
Difference between Kala jeera and kalonji
- Black Cumin (Black Jeera)
Kala jeera comes from Bunium bulbocastanum. It is plant species in the Apiaceae family, and it is known as black seed or black caraway. Therefore, black cumin seeds are much slimmer and feathery gazing, and the flavor and essence are smoky with indications of sweetness and citrus.
- Kalonji(Nigella Seeds)
Kalonji or Nigella seeds come from Nigella sativa. Therefore, it is an annual flowering plant that yields fruit that contains several seeds. So, nigella seeds glimpse like tiny bits of black coal and also impart a smoky smell but quicker. So, you can taste the variation if these are eliminated from a dish. Kalonji (Nigella seeds) are structurally and botanically different from Kala jeera (black cumin).In the market or locale, it is available by the same name.